Search This Blog

August 7, 2012

    How does one say goodbye to the people and boat that has brought me one of the best months of my life----very tearfully.  Pete and Kelsey have been a joy to get to know, they are amazing people--smart, kind, knowledgable and a pleasure to be around. I learned so much from them. I couldn’t have asked for a better couple to take me on this wonderful journey.  
     Privateer--such an amazing and beautiful boat--she was the perfect boat to sail in Alaska on.  I feel so lucky that I stumbled on Pete’s website that day. I can never thank them enough for the gift of experience and awesome memories they have blessed me with.
    Although it was very sad to say goodbye today to Pete, Kelsey and Privateer, I’m happy to say I didn’t have to give a final goodbye. Pete and Kelsey are sailing back to Pt. Townsend where Privateer will be put on the hard for maintenance and I plan on visiting them in Pt. Townsend in September and helping out however I can.
    Now I’m on the ferry Columbia and have set up my bed in one of the reclining deck chairs under  the warm heat lamps in the outdoor, enclosed solarium on the rear deck.  Initially we’ll be passing through some of the way we made on Privateer--Olga Strait, Neva Strait Serguis Narrows and out through Peril Strait then heading South along the East Coast of Baranof Island.

I love Privateer!

I love these guys too!

Noooooooooo. Privateer come back!


No comments:

Post a Comment