Search This Blog

August 5, 2012  Sitka

    We’re anchored in the bay, so we rowed ashore this morning and went to the Lackspur for brunch--excellent food. Upstairs of the same old building of the restaurant is Raven Radio--a community supported radio station that broadcasts to all the little communities on Chichagof and Baranof Islands. We listened to this station often when we were on our cruise. I took some photos while we walked to town from the marina. On a huge rock on the hill, there is a replica built of the old guard tower. In old days, this tower delineated the boundary between where the whites lived and where the Tlingit people were allowed to live.
    Omg, I have sea legs--so cool! When I close my eyes my balance gets all wonky. I don’t have much to say today but some cool pictures to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment